More than 32 million children missed school last year due to illness or injury.
Are we really better because of “modern” medicine or is it time to go back to our roots and treat things naturally?
We can manage our health in one of two ways:
- We can educate ourselves on self-care and be proactive in our medical needs.
- We can practice lifestyle choices that help us maintain our health including:
- Reducing our toxic load.
- Resting and managing our stress.
- Focusing on fruits and vegetables in our diets and eliminating gluten, dairy, sugar and processed foods.
Essential oils are a gift from nature that allow us to focus on improving our health and wellness. They are a powerful tool that actually work from the cellular level and they are so easy to use! There are 3 options:
- You can use essential oils aromatically by putting them in a diffuser.
- You can use the topically by putting the directly on your skin or diluting them with a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil.
- You can ingest them. (However, only ingest essential oils if they are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade. If it does not say “CPTG” on the label, do NOT ingest them!)
As we go back to school and work, there are lots of combinations of essential oils that we can use to help us stay healthy, focused and balance our moods. Some of my favorite blends to diffuse are:
- OnGuard to attack the germs in my home or office.
- Rosemary and peppermint to help me focus and remember. (Plus I LOVE the way it smells!)
- Wild Orange and Frankincense to reduce stress.
- Balance and Serenity to help me sleep like a baby!
I also travel with no less than 10 blends of oils in my bag at all time. My old co-workers had a field day with this but there wasn’t a day that somebody wasn’t asking me for something to help with their headache, their inability to focus, their stress level, etc. etc. etc.
YES! There’s an oil for that was a common mantra.
To learn more about essential oils, join Cassandra, RN and Certified Aromatherapist at Just Breathe on Saturday, October 27th at 10 am. Drop-ins are welcome but pre-registration is suggested. Cost is $35. Can’t make the workshop?
Missy and Cassandra are available at Just Breathe to answer your essential oil questions.