As we say good-bye to 2018, I want to take a moment to reflect and thank the beautiful, growing community at Just Breathe. This past year was our first full year and people have quickly come to realize that Just Breathe is the place to come to escape the outside world and leave their troubles behind.
As more people have experienced salt therapy or halotherapy, one of the main offerings at Just Breathe, the word is getting out. This practice is centuries old but relatively new in the United States and people are quickly learning that if they have almost any kind of ailment, are feeling a little under the weather, or are experiencing a lingering cough from an illness, Just Breathe can help prevent you from getting sick or relieve the symptoms just about anything that ails you. As my friend who is a nurse practitioner says, “It’s just salt but it is good for anything!” Think about how much better you feel after going to the beach but without the mess.
Using dry salt therapy, many of our clients no longer need allergy medications, have combatted Seasonal Affective Disorder, are using it as a complementary therapy to dealing with anxiety and depression, have returned to work after being on workman’s comp for COPD, have prevented themselves from getting the flu after sitting next to “patient ‘0’” at work, have found relief from skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema and have just found a place to rest and relax and disconnect from the outside world.
We have much to be grateful for in other ways too.
- Our meditation program, run by our very talented Certified Energy Healer, Francesca, has grown from a couple of people at lunchtime on Wednesdays to a frequently packed room on Wednesday and Thursdays at noon with a growing group on Thursday evenings at 6:30 pm.
- We have added Hypno-Reiki into our mix with Deb who is a Registered Nurse and Certified Hypnotist who provides her calming energy to help those with anxiety and other concerns in private sessions.
- Lexy, Certified Acupuncturist, has joined our team by providing community style acupuncture with salt therapy twice a month. People have found relief from fibromyalgia, plantar fasciitis, and general aches and pains by combining the two therapies.
- Mimi is a yoga instructor with over 11 years of experience, and is also a Certified Energy Worker, has created a new program at Just Breathe, the Empowerment Series for Women. We had 5 women in the first program who have bonded to create new friendships, found stability and happiness in their lives, and the support they need to make major changes from altering their marital situation, redefining their jobs, or finding the support they need to create lives that they desire for themselves. This has proven to be a very powerful program.
- I am a Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach, and have run 3 successful cleanses this past year. I also work with clients on a one-to-one basis for more complicated cases such as SIBO, hormonal imbalances such as PCOS and estrogen dominance, and Type II diabetes.
- My first employee joined the team this year as well. I was fortunate to have my dear friend, Ed, Law of Attraction Expert and Life Coach, available to fill in for me one day a week and it actually warms my heart when I hear clients say how much they love him and can’t wait to see his smiling face behind the desk.
From sold out sound healings, to Law of Attraction workshops, to celebrating the Full Moon, Enchanted Circles, Candlelit Yoga and more, Just Breathe has quickly grown from “just” a salt room to an thriving community of like-minded people and, for this, my team and I are truly grateful.
But we are just starting! We have lots of exciting new additions for you in 2019:
- The Empowerment Series for Women will be back with the first 8-week session beginning January 8th.
- No one is perfect. It is coming up to that time of year when it is time to drop the sugar habit that tends to sneak in in December. We will be starting the next cleanse to clean up our diet and improve our health with a live meeting on January 16th at 7 pm. As always, previous program members are invited to join at a steeply discounted rate.
- We have added massage to our growing services with Marline while Linda continues to offer massage and Trager®. We have also added a Heart-Centered Color Therapist, Emiko, and another Energy Healer, Sylvia.
- Our fun and educational workshops will continue with Ed channeling “What Your Soul Wants You to Know,” a special Healing Circle with Shaman Sue Angelo, Lisa Campion joining us to deal with the “Energy Vampires,” and more! And don’t forget to check out a Sound Healing with Priscilla or Jean.
Please, check back on our website under “Upcoming Events” frequently to see what we have coming up and follow us on Facebook at JustBreathebyNBH.
My team of talented practitioners and I look forward to continuing to help you grow and heal, physically and spiritually in 2019!